Evidence of the health benefits of physical activity has been available since the 1950s. There is now a broad consensus on the principles of physical activity defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) to improve cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness, bone health and reducing the risk of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and depression: „Adults aged 18 to 64 years should engage in at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week.“ It was marketed in the 1950s, and the original term became a registered trademark and then a generic term for highly effective filters.  Modern commercial aircraft use HEPA filters to reduce the spread of pathogens in ambient air. Critics have expressed concern about the efficiency and repair status of air filtration systems, believing that much of the air is relocated to an airplane cabin. Almost all of the air in a pressurized aircraft is effectively introduced from the outside, flows through the cabin, and then evacuated through exit valves at the rear of the aircraft.  About 40 percent of cabin air passes through a HEPA filter and the remaining 60 percent comes from outside the aircraft. Certified air filters block and capture 99.97 percent of the particles carried by the air.  Some companies use a marketing term known as „True HEPA“ to give consumers confidence that their air filters meet HEPA standards, although this term has no legal or scientific meaning.  Products marketed as „HEPA type“, „hepa“, „hepa“ or „99% HEPA“ do not meet HEPA standards and may not have been tested in independent laboratories. While these filters may be reasonably close to HEPA standards, others are significantly too short.
 HEPA filters, as defined in the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) standard, which is taken up by most U.S. industries, remove at least 99.97% of airborne particles with a diameter of 0.3 micrometers (μm). The minimum resistance of the filter to airflow or pressure drop is usually indicated at 300 Pascal (0.044 psi) for its nominal flow rate.  Over the decades, filters have developed to meet increasingly high air quality requirements in various high-tech sectors, such as aerospace, pharmaceutical drug processing, hospitals, healthcare, nuclear fuels, nuclear power, and integrated circuit manufacturing. HEPA filtration works mechanically as opposed to ion and ozone filtration that use negative ozone ions or gases. Thus, the likelihood of potential lung side effects such as asthma and allergies with HEPA cleansers is much lower.  To ensure that a HEPA filter is working effectively, it must be checked and changed in commercial environments at least every six months. In residential environments, they can be changed every two or three years.
If a HEPA filter does not change in time, it results in a load on the machine or system and does not properly remove particles from the air.  With the aim of making more people more active and more frequent, EuropeActive works daily to promote an active and healthy lifestyle with a focus on physical activity and fitness. We contribute greatly to the development of the work carried out by several institutions and expert groups within the European Commission (DG SANTE, DG EAC, DG CONNECT) and through regular contacts with the World Health Organisation – Europe. Many vacuum cleaners also use HEPA filters as part of their filtration systems. This is beneficial for asthmatics and allergy sufferers, as the HEPA filter captures fine particles (such as pollen and household mite feces) that cause allergy and asthma symptoms.. . .